William S. Drucker, LEED AP
773.726.0954 ◦ firstname.lastname@example.org
UNIVERSITY OF CHICAGO BOOTH SCHOOL OF BUSINESS (Chicago, IL) ........... Apr '13 - Aug '15
Masters of Business Administration
- Concentration in economics, entrepreneurship and strategic management
MIDDLEBURY COLLEGE (Middlebury, VT) ........... Feb '05 - Feb '09
Bachelor of Arts, cum laude
- Major in Neuroscience --- Thesis: Assessing Cognitive Effects of AMP-Induced Hypothermia
BOLDER INDUSTRIES (New York City and Boulder, CO) ........... Jan '16 - Present
Director of Sales
- Crafted and implemented sales strategy for B Corp certified sustainable materials startup creating circular economy solutions.
- Grew pipeline 10x to over 150 qualified leads, including product testing and validation at over 50 rubber and plastic companies.
- Collaborated on life-cycle assessment for Bolder Black™, a carbon black alternative made from end-of-life tires.
- Forged strategic relationships with customers and supply chain partners to create economic value by closing material loops.
- Presents and negotiates with corporate sustainability leaders such as Patagonia, GM, Walmart, Goodyear and Lexmark.
- Guided mission development and investor pitch deck creation, including introductions to strategic impact investors.
- Supervises staff of four with direct input into hiring process.
JBT CORPORATION (Chicago, IL) ........... Aug '11 - Jun '15
Corporate Social Responsibility Manager reporting to Executive Leadership Team
Built culture and coalitions
- Oversaw strategic development and implementation of corporate social responsibility (CSR) program at global NYSE-traded advanced industrial technology provider for the food processing and airline industries.
- Established network of 45 CSR Champions in teams across twelve major manufacturing sites globally.
- Organized internal forums to showcase and share sustainability best practices.
- Coordinated response to request for supply chain sustainability assessment.
- Designed and developed content for corporate social responsibility report.
- Reduced energy consumption 12% company-wide between 2010 and 2014 during period of growth and expansion.
- Negotiated purchase and oversaw installation of 600kW solar photovoltaic array with four-year payback.
- Structured financing mechanism to encourage investment in cost-effective energy efficiency and renewable energy projects.
- Forged strategic relationship with US Department of Energy, pledging to cut energy 25% through Better Plants program.
- Developed visual management system for Executive Leadership Team to track performance of core strategic initiatives.
- Programmed and deployed internal energy tracking tool enabling intuitive energy management.
- Implemented lean principles in office environment to drive continuous operational improvement.
ENVIRONMENTAL LAW & POLICY CENTER (Chicago, IL) ........... Aug '14 - Aug '15
Founding Co-Chair, Next Generation Advisory Council
- Co-founded advisory board of emerging professionals to support ELPC’s strategy to engage and leverage young stakeholders.
- Organized and moderated Car Lite Chicago design workshop and community solar roundtable discussion.
- Established successful transition plan to ensure continuation of an effective advisory council.
NORTHWESTERN UNIVERSITY and FARR ASSOCIATES (Chicago, IL) ........... Apr '11 - Aug '11
- Researched design, financing and management of sustainable urban infrastructure systems from leading cities around the world.
- Contributed content to “Living Cities” report presented at Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation Summit.
SOLAR SERVICE INC. (Niles, IL) ........... Jan '10 - May '10
Solar Energy Development Coordinator
- Developed sales and marketing strategy to create and capture value from sale of renewable energy credits.
- Organized and streamlined ordering and warehousing processes.
- Installed solar thermal and photovoltaic arrays alongside field crews.
FARR ASSOCIATES (Chicago, IL) ........... May '09 - Dec '09
Sustainable Urbanism Coordinator
- Documented and certified Illinois’ first LEED-Neighborhood Development pilot project.
MIDDLEBURY COLLEGE ENVIRONMENTAL COUNCIL (Middlebury, VT) ........... Aug '08 - Jan '09
- Led students on the Education and Awareness committee to help achieve Middlebury’s goal of carbon neutrality by 2016.
LANGUAGE & TRAVEL
- Germany: Studied abroad for 12 months during high school, highly proficient in oral/written German.
- Mexico: Studied Spanish and volunteered for three months, highly proficient in oral and written Spanish.
- Argentina: Cycled through Andes for four months, partnered with government to divert four tons of recycling during festival.
- India, Nepal and Bhutan: Trekked and rode motorcycle through Himalaya for six months.
- Mississippi River: Cycled Canada to the Gulf, raised 200% of goal for Girls Bike Club empowering young women cyclists.
LEADERSHIP & ENGAGEMENT
- Posse Foundation - Coached talented Chicago youth leaders to prepare them for successful higher education experiences.
- Sustainability Happy Hour - Organized network of over 100 sustainability professionals to discuss challenges and solutions.
- USGBC - Beta tested exam for LEED Neighborhood Development rating system, became LEED Accredited Professional (AP).
- Middlebury College - Led students in organizing a week-long bicycle awareness and action event.