William S. Drucker
773.726.0954 ◦ email@example.com
UNIVERSITY OF CHICAGO BOOTH SCHOOL OF BUSINESS (Chicago, IL) ........... Apr '13 - Aug '15
Masters of Business Administration
- Concentration in economics, entrepreneurship and strategic management
MIDDLEBURY COLLEGE (Middlebury, VT) ........... Feb '05 - Feb '09
Bachelor of Arts, cum laude
- Major in Neuroscience --- Thesis: Assessing Cognitive Effects of AMP-Induced Hypothermia
TAGHKANIC WHISKEY CLUB (Dorset, VT and Brooklyn, NY) ........... Jan '17 - Present
- Curate unique experiences bringing together distinct spirits and engaged audiences in an environment designed to foster knowledge and enhance appreciation for the production, unique narratives and flavor expressions of craft spirits.
- Educate via public and digital venues to highlight under-appreciated aspects of the distilled spirits industry.
- Design routes for spirit enthusiasts to explore local distilleries in support of developing a Taghkanic Whiskey Trail.
- Experiment with transforming the original flavor profile of spirits with local ingredients to delight discerning palettes.
- Share developments in the craft spirits industry with network of taste makers, influencers and distilled spirit enthusiasts.
- Collect relevant publications related to history and manufacture of distilled spirits to share with curious individuals.
BOLDER INDUSTRIES (Brooklyn, NY and Boulder, CO) ........... Jan '16 - Present
Director of Sales
- Crafted and implemented sales strategy for B Corp certified sustainable materials startup creating circular economy solutions.
- Grew pipeline 10x to over 150 qualified leads, including product testing and validation at over 50 rubber and plastic companies.
- Collaborated on life-cycle assessment for Bolder Black™, a carbon black alternative made from end-of-life tires.
- Forged strategic relationships with customers and supply chain partners to create economic value by closing material loops.
- Presents and negotiates with corporate sustainability leaders such as Patagonia, GM, Walmart, Goodyear and Lexmark.
- Secured $500K investment from strategic impact investor and guided mission development and investor pitch deck creation.
- Supervises staff of four with direct input into hiring process.
JBT CORPORATION (Chicago, IL) ........... Aug '11 - Jun '15
Corporate Social Responsibility Manager reporting to Executive Leadership Team
Built culture and coalitions
- Oversaw strategic development and implementation of corporate social responsibility (CSR) program at global NYSE-traded advanced industrial technology provider for the food processing and airline industries.
- Established network of 45 CSR Champions in teams across twelve major manufacturing sites globally.
- Organized internal forums to showcase and share sustainability best practices.
- Coordinated response to request for supply chain sustainability assessment.
- Designed and developed content for corporate social responsibility report.
- Reduced energy consumption 12% company-wide between 2010 and 2014 during period of growth and expansion.
- Negotiated purchase and oversaw installation of 600kW solar photovoltaic array with four-year payback.
- Structured financing mechanism to encourage investment in cost-effective energy efficiency and renewable energy projects.
- Forged strategic relationship with US Department of Energy, pledging to cut energy 25% through Better Plants program.
- Developed visual management system for Executive Leadership Team to track performance of core strategic initiatives.
- Programmed and deployed internal energy tracking tool enabling intuitive energy management.
- Implemented lean principles in office environment to drive continuous operational improvement.
ENVIRONMENTAL LAW & POLICY CENTER (Chicago, IL) ........... Aug '14 - Aug '15
Founding Co-Chair, Next Generation Advisory Council
- Co-founded advisory board of emerging professionals to support ELPC’s strategy to engage and leverage young stakeholders.
- Organized and moderated Car Lite Chicago design workshop and community solar roundtable discussion.
- Established successful transition plan to ensure continuation of an effective advisory council.
NORTHWESTERN UNIVERSITY and FARR ASSOCIATES (Chicago, IL) ........... Apr '11 - Aug '11
- Researched design, financing and management of sustainable urban infrastructure systems from leading cities around the world.
- Contributed content to “Living Cities” report presented at Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation Summit.
SOLAR SERVICE INC. (Niles, IL) ........... Jan '10 - May '10
Solar Energy Development Coordinator
- Developed sales and marketing strategy to create and capture value from sale of renewable energy credits.
- Organized and streamlined ordering and warehousing processes.
- Installed solar thermal and photovoltaic arrays alongside field crews.
FARR ASSOCIATES (Chicago, IL) ........... May '09 - Dec '09
Sustainable Urbanism Coordinator
- Documented and certified Illinois’ first LEED-Neighborhood Development pilot project.
MIDDLEBURY COLLEGE ENVIRONMENTAL COUNCIL (Middlebury, VT) ........... Aug '08 - Jan '09
- Led students on the Education and Awareness committee to help achieve Middlebury’s goal of carbon neutrality by 2016.
LANGUAGE & TRAVEL
- Taghkanic Whiskey Trail: Visited and mapped routes between notable distilleries in NYC and the Hudson Valley
- Bourbon Country Whiskey Trail: Toured leading Kentucky distilleries, including conversations with key distillery personnel
- Germany: Studied abroad for 12 months during high school, highly proficient in oral/written German.
- Mexico: Studied Spanish and volunteered for three months, highly proficient in oral and written Spanish.
- Argentina: Cycled through Andes for four months, partnered with government to divert four tons of recycling during festival.
- India, Nepal and Bhutan: Trekked and rode motorcycle through Himalaya for six months.
- Mississippi River: Cycled Canada to the Gulf, raised 200% of goal for Girls Bike Club empowering young women cyclists.
LEADERSHIP & ENGAGEMENT
- Posse Foundation - Coached talented Chicago youth leaders to prepare them for successful higher education experiences.
- Sustainability Happy Hour - Organized network of over 100 sustainability professionals to discuss challenges and solutions.
- USGBC - Beta tested exam for LEED Neighborhood Development rating system, became LEED Accredited Professional (AP).
- Middlebury College - Led students in organizing a week-long bicycle awareness and action event.